Sunday, May 9, 2010

I love my mom....






Meet Mary Jody Wesson, She's my mom, more beautiful than any moment shared. I'm allowing you to meet my moms because she is no longer on this earth to wow you with her love, ambition, intelligence, and overall greatness. She passed two days after Christmas in 2006 of Cancer. I often attempt to write a song that exemplifies my love and appreciation for mom. However, i can't because each time I try it only reminds me of how much I miss her. So hopefully I can at least give you an idea of what kind of mom I had.
When I was in the 5th grade, I went to Pat Nixon Elementary School, in Cerritos Ca. I was a class clown. In this school we had demerit system. Without telling you I bet you can guess I accumulated a abundance of demerit points, otherwise why would I let you in on the fact we had demerits, right? Anyway, one of the annual field trips during the school year was the school picnic @ Knott's Berry Farm. For those who don't know it's an amusement park in the LA area. Any kid with 25 demerits or more was not allowed to go and was required to stay at school doing detention work while the rest of the school partied. My mom wasn't having that. Instead she kept me out of school and took the day off of work. We went and ate a big lunch and to my surprise she took me to Knott's Berry Farm, just the two of us. The funny thing is, we went to the log ride and ended up directly behind my entire class in line. When my teacher Mrs. Martin- Smith looked back and saw us she had a look on her face as if she'd seen a ghost. My mom s was a G for real she stared at my teacher like that's right bitch he's here and having more fun than your students.
See my mom was always doing things like that. Not to show us we can do what we want even when we are being punished, no, she did it because she felt at 10 years old, no child should Miss those kinds of things, especially for talking in class. I can remember my mom taking in all and any family that needed help. Me and my sister would at times have to share rooms but we understood why. My mom was the single greatness influence in my life for sure. She was the glue to the family and the love it represented.

So on this day you thank your mother, remember you have the chance to thank your mother everyday, so take pride and advantage of having her around. I made it through this a few tears later. I Love You Mommy Mary J Wesson R.I.P.

Thank you Jamie Foxx

No comments:

Post a Comment